Friend of the Classic Malts
You don’t have to be an expert to be a Friend, you just have to share a passion for malt whisky, and a love for exclusive offers, regular updates from the whisky world, and insights from the Global Brand Ambassador - Donald Colville. You simply need to become a Friend of the Classic Malts.
- Auchroisk - A light, pleasant apéritif whisky.
- Benrinnes - A richer, sweeter Speyside full of dark aromas.
- Blair Athol - A little-known fruity Highland whisky.
- Caol Ila - A smoky, sea-fresh aperitif from remote Islay.
- Cardhu - Effortless, elegant, the generous spirit – pioneered by two generations of female distillers.
- Clynelish - Famous for its waxy, medium-bodied and mustard-fresh coastal style.
- Cragganmore - A sweet, fruity, complex Speyside with toffee notes.
- Dailuaine - A complex whisky that can impress mightily.
- Dalwhinnie - As sweet and accessible as its Highland home is remote.
- Glen Elgin - Often called a ‘fruitcake in a bottle’.
- Glen Spey - A light, buttery, sweet Speyside.
- Glenkinchie - A light, floral whisky with a citrusy, creamy taste.
- Glenlossie - The dry and delicate brother to Mannochmore.
- Inchgower - A conundrum, in which the aromatics and flavour, change continually.
- Knockando - A fine Speyside with a fresh almond note.
- Lagavulin - Effortless, elegant, the generous spirit – pioneered by two generations of female distillers.
- Linkwood - A whole garden of fruit and flower scents.
- Mannochmore - Surprisingly clean, dry and refreshingly direct.
- Mortlach - An old favourite, reborn – this is malt whisky made magnificent.
- Oban - Rich and sweet with a smoky dryness.
- Royal Lochnagar - A Highland whisky much prized by monarchs south of the border.
- Singleton - Whiskies that bring pleasure from the first sip.
- Strathmill - A smooth, easy drinking all-rounder.
- Talisker - Powerful, smoky, made by the sea – Talisker is renowned for its maritime character.
- Teaninich - A crisp, dry and appetising Highland malt whisky.
As a Friend of the Classic Malts, you can enjoy lifetime FREE entry at twelve of the Classic Malt distilleries, along with a complimentary dram of their Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
To receive a free tour, you must be a registered member of Friends of the Classic Malts program at time of your tour booking.
When you arrive, show your pass to a member of staff a qualifying distillery and you’ll receive your Friends journal. Take this with you whenever you visit one of the distilleries and you’ll receive a stamp to mark your journey.
Once you have collected all twelve stamps, you will be rewarded with a Quaich – the traditional whisky sharing cup – only available to Friends of the Classic Malt members.
We are not Friends of Classic Malts - we are a website which helps raise awareness of the tours. If you have any queries, please contact Friends of Classic Malts directly at www.malts.com. Please also check their website for the latest terms and conditions.